Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day

.....of meetings

Agenda: opening chapel, break, announcements, lunch, middle school meeting....aka FULL DAY

as of 8:30 pm, I am completely exhausted....but I have to get my thought down before I forget

How can I use this years theme: the lei and connectiveness, in my curriculum?
also how to talk about APEC? ...that is going to take a little research.....I need to know more about Clean NRG.

how can I be more a part of the community...both the school, but MORE IMPORTANTLY the community in which I live (exactly how much longer will I be living in paradise?)

there is never too much community service!

the biggest thing, I think, I learned (or at least was reminded of).....is that it is not the curriculum that matters, but the interactions. Of course! I remember how much my own high school taught me.......and I don't really remember facts or items. It is my TEACHERS or the lessons that they taught me. Perfect lesson for the moment, as I WAS worrying about curriculum.

today's thought - I remember how embarrassed I was, when Ms. Herrick caught me looking at Sun Sun's geography paper - even though I WAS just checking to see if she wrote the same thing. I knew I was right and wouldn't have changed my answer (would I?).....but I don't think she said my name out loud (I did blush)....she said "Keep your eyes on your own paper"....Did I ever do that again? NOOOOOOOO.......I do the same thing with my class and I occasionally see the same blush. If I do catching cheating, I always give students an option to come clean.

Some day - I will write that book about them....I want to thank them

that is all for today :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment